Monday, September 13, 2010

Firenze

Our next stop was the beautiful city of Florence! We were only here for two days, and I wish we could have stayed a bit longer! There was so much to see!!! We spent both days touring the city, and also spent both days in scorching hot temperatures!!!! We pretty much baked the second we stepped out of the hotel.

The Florence Cathedral, which is one of the largest churches in Europe. It is a law that no building can be higher than the Duomo!

The Arno River. One night we went to a really nice restaurant located right on the Arno....it was the most money I spent on dinner during the trip, but it was worth every euro! Yummy!!!!

The Ponte Vecchio (Old Bridge), supposedly built in Roman times.....I thought this bridge was so charming with all of it's little shops! So picturesque!

Alli and I with a great view of the city! We took a double-decker bus on a tour of the city! I have always wanted to go on a double-decker! LOL, and it was a great way to see the city in such a short amount of time.

Fontana Del Nettuno.

This guy was amazing! I really should have bought a CD from him :(

Another view of the River Arno.

Basilica of Santa Croce. This church was so ornate and really beautiful! It is called the Temple of Italian Glories, because it is the burial site of many famous Italians, such as Michelangelo, Galileo, and Machiavelli!!!

Another view of the Santa Croce.

Il Porcellino!!! It is tradition to rub this little piglet's nose to ensure a return to Florence! I hope it works! :)

The Statue of David!!!

Alli and Jami on the double- decker!!!

The Doors to the Battistero di San Giovanni.....also known as "The Gates of Paradise."

We decided to take the scenic route on the bus to visit the town of Fiesole, located in the hills above Florence. The views were amazing and the nice cool breeze made it even better!


Many of the rich people lived in Fiesole because of the cooler climate. The houses were so pretty!

A cute little restaurant in Fiesole. :)

Yummy licorice in Fiesole!

Another pretty church, San Gaetano.

Last but not least....my obsession with window shutters....LOL




No comments: