Sunday, May 23, 2010

Kauai, Hawaii 2010

My Dad took us to Hawaii for 14 days this year! It was a great vacation, and I would love to go back one day (Hopefully with our entire family)! We ate like Kings, soaked up the sun, and enjoyed the beautiful scenery together! We had a blast, and we are so grateful my dad, Deb, and Carly invited us!
I have been waiting to post all of my pictures, because I knew we were going to get a new computer one of these days....and we finally did! So now, I can actually put my pictures on our new computer...which makes blogging much easier. This will officially be my longest post! :) We got a new camera for Christmas, and I LOVE IT!!!...I thought I was photo-happy before!
Comp on the plane, watching Sesame Street on my iPod....love his concentration.

Arriving at our hotel! I can't tell you how happy I was to receive a lei! :) Would have been disappointed, if I did not get one.

The Grand Hyatt!!! It really was grand!!! Never stayed in a resort this nice.

Enjoying our relaxing vacay!

Covered from head-to-toe....can you tell he has a dermatologist for a grandpa???


Hahaha! Comp didn't know what to think of the sand at the beginning of the trip.

Carly is a mermaid at heart! This girl loves the water!!!!!

Grandpa, Grandma Deb, and Auntie Carly.


We took a drive to these falls and river....Gorgeous!
No wonder they call it the Garden Island!!!

Sunrise

One morning, my dad and Deb took a hike and we just happened to be outside watching the sunrise....they called and I snapped their picture.



Compton is happiest when he is outside! He would cry as soon as we stepped into the hotel....which wasn't very often.

We went on a sunset cruise to watch whales one evening.....I got a little sick, but it was so fun! Compton loved it too! He really loved when the whales jumped.


I wish I would have gotten a better picture :( We had a whale breech right in front of us! It was huge and the whole boat was in awe of it's enormous size.....The guy we befriended got an amazing picture, and I wish I would have asked him for it.
The big Luau! The food was delicious!


Compton is a social butterfly. He loves to play with the kids....especially the older ones. Haha, he looks so small.

Givin luvs.

Comp danced to the music ALL NIGHT!!!!

Yes, this is a kiss.

The next few photos were on our helicopter ride.....For some reason being in the helicopter was an emotional experience for me. All of the sudden we were in the air, and I felt like I was floating. The music started playing and it truly was euphoric.







Somewhere Over the Rainbow literally started playing when we flew through this!!!


Comp slept the entire hour flight!

The view from our room.


Comp and mama enjoying the pool.....

3 comments:

Ann said...

Wow! Your vacation looks like it was amazing. Glad you got to go and have that experience, especially as a family.

Becca said...

Looks like you had so much fun, I'm so jealous!!! you know what's funny. When I went to Hawaii that is the exact hotel we stayed at and the helicopter company we used.

Jeff and April said...

Good for you!!! Looks like you had tons of fun! I wish I had your hotel view off my back porch. Oh well, I guess that's why we go on vacation!