Monday, May 11, 2009

Compton vs. solids

We decided to start Compton on solids(rice cereal) about two weeks ago. I was so excited, and so was Compton. He just loved it!

I would bring the spoon to his mouth and he'd get really pumped up and he'd clench his fist, and take a dive for his food.

He was being so cute!

Yummy!

Such a big boy!!!!

It was going so well. But........Long story short, Compton was ecstatic about eating rice cereal......for the first week. Now, he absolutely hates it! We don't take any more pictures, because it's a challenge just to get it in his mouth. It's not so fun anymore. I don't know what happened? LOL. But I thought it'd be good to document the happy moments. :)

We just started him on Sweet potato, and he takes that a little better. But he still fights it. We have now resorted to feeding him with a syringe.....I know it's pathetic. But I want him to get used to the taste. Thanks Texie, for the great idea of using a syringe! :)

8 comments:

The Bairds said...

so so so cute! i miss ya kayc! Hope life is fabulous for you! I still can't get over that your a mamma now..we're so grown up..:)

Texie said...

Never say never! At least that't what my mom taught me:)LOL! He is so adorable, kaycee! I love him so much and miss him. Boost of encouragment...Teeka loves to eat, even with a spoon now...even veggies! At least I can laugh at somebody else using a syringe now! The things our kids make us do.

Andersons and sons said...

Ok I've never heard of the syringe thing...lol
I'm so lucky Keynan will eat anything! I mean it to he even has tried to get into the cat poo....no joke!!!
I make all home made baby food..He loves it and he eats way more then he should.. Only bummer is my milk dried up a few weeks ago...It is so interesting to me how kids are so unique in their own sense...The twins were not digging on the rice cereal but K has to have it!!!

Lindsay Cutler said...

Kaycee!!! I found your blog through Ally's! Wow you look great and your little man is so handsome!! Do you remember the days of not paying attention in chemistry and dubbing ourselves the 'glove sisters?' haha hope you and your little family are doing great! Love you girl!

Edie and Luke said...

I hope it works good- Keep trying it good!

Sheena said...

Ah, the joys of baby food. I can't beleive he won't eat it anymore, look at that grin! What a great smile he has, by the way...adorable.

Becca said...

How cute is that and so funny that his is already picky about his food! What a cute boy!

Robyn Hollobaugh said...

He looks like you in that one pic where he's laughing, its more of a profile view. Have you tried putting apple juice w/rice cereal or apple juice and oatmeal?? We miss you guys.