Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Roma!!!

We originally were going to have 3 days in Rome, but thankfully we got 4! We walked about 6 miles a day, but the sites were WELL worth it!
Ancient Rome! This was truly breathtaking! We had been in the city for a couple days, and finally got to see this! We had to climb to a ledge to get this view, and once we got there it was overwhelming! It is surreal to think about how ancient these buildings are! We are talking 7th century BC!!!! America is just a baby! :)

Love it!!!

Me and Jami with a view from the Spanish Steps.
Spanish Steps!
Gucci Baby! :) I wanted to go in all of these stores, but it was intimidating! There was tight security around! Men in suits, standing outside the doors! I swear they had guns!

These fountains were all over the place! You would be sweating your bum off and then you'd turn a corner and these would be gushing water out, waiting for you to fill your bottle up, and pretty much take a bath! :) They were a saving grace!

Fontana di Trevi!

Another fountain! This was in a circle that was filled with vendors, and I can't remember what it was called? Oops!
She was pretty good! I loved listening to the different musicians!


All of the buildings were amazing, but I especially loved the windows and doors!

The oldest standing bridge in Rome.

The old aquarium...this was the view from the balcony of our hotel.

Vittoriano a Roma- a monument to the first King of Italy.

First photo I took in Roma!

Just another street shot!

1 comment:

becca said...

i'm sooooo jealous. i miss rome so much! (the fountain in question was in piazza navona by the way.)